Monday, November 26, 2012

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

Friends, going for a 30 mile bike ride on very little food, and drinking no water on or after the ride, should NEVER be followed by consuming 2 margaritas (even if they are small margaritas).

But I just had to test that theory, didn't I? I can't remember the last time I was that drunk. I really can't. I wish I couldn't remember the evening itself, but, oh, I REMEMBER.

"Liz, are you OK?"
"Noooooooooooooooooooooooo."
"Do you want to eat anything?"
"Noooooooooooooooooooooooo."
"Do you think you can make it to the house?"
"Noooooooooooooooooooooooo."

And then later, me saying: "I FEEL TERRIBLE!" over and over, and Mr. BP saying "It's OK sweetie, you were dehydrated, don't worry about it, you didn't know." Finally I was able to say "I FEEL *PHYSICALLY* TERRIBLE!" Whoops, sweetie, no one can help you there...

So not only did I lose some of my dignity, all of my dinner and most of Saturday night, I lost Sunday to recovery. However, Sunday's rehabilitative efforts did require a giant pile of challah french toast, so it wasn't an entirely negative experience. But here's to more food and water between the bike ride and the margarita intake from now on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home