Thursday, March 22, 2012

pretty damn green

This morning an old friend sent me a link to an article he had gotten published. It was a well-written article, even had professional-looking photographs, with captions of "The Author", accompanying it.

My first thought was that he had done a really nice job writing the article. My second thought was that the photos looked great. My third thought was... I am pretty damn JEALOUS.

Jealous that HE was out on a nice day, riding bikes with his heroes and writing about it.

Jealous that HE got published, while I sat at my desk trying to make sense of budget numbers that made absolutely no sense.

Suddenly I was trying to figure out how the hell this guy got to do exactly what I wanted to do while I was stuck inside an office on a beautiful day in Colorado, wishing I could be out riding my bike and writing about it and getting published.

And then I realized, when I get out of this office I'll still have 3 hours of daylight (at least) during which I can go ride my bike against the backdrop of the Rockies. And then I'll be able to go back to my house and sit out on the patio and enjoy a sunset dinner with no humidity, before I get to go sleep in my nice comfy bed with the windows open. And I was going to be spending the weekend skiing and hanging out with friends in Aspen. Yep, the grass here in Colorado is pretty damn green.

I sent The Author a quick note to say he did a nice job and that I was totally jealous that he was now a published writer. And he told me he was jealous of my great job in Denver and was trying to figure out how to make a move to Colorado himself. I guess we're all a little green about some things, but at the end of the day, Colorado really is THE BEST. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

So yesterday I did exactly that - stayed at the office too late, but still had plenty of daylight to ride along the creek for an hour and a half with Marito. Yippee!!

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home