Saturday, March 03, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day to ME!! :)


This year I got an early present for Valentine's Day - here it is on the left!! Actually, Marito and I do not "do" Valentine's Day, really... but apparently (and obviously) this year is different!!

The last weekend in January, we were driving up to Vail to ski with some friends and we stopped at our usual break point. There is a Starbucks, gas station, bathrooms, and a lovely ski shop all under one roof. Well I just ran in to use the bathroom and ran back out to the car - it was cold and I only had my longjohns on. I was sitting in the car daydreaming while I waited for Marito to come out. I started wondering what was taking Marito so long just as he ran out to the car.

He was grinning and hopping around as he flung my door open and said "I can't believe you're in the car!"

I said "Huh?"

He said "Did you see that your jacket is on sale?"

WHAT?!?! This could only be the GREEN jacket that I had been eyeing for months, and that I had tried on every time we stopped at that place. On this trip, I actually had not even glanced toward the ski shop. We've been trying to save money and I was so cold and badly dressed, I just wanted to run back in the car after I left the bathroom.

Marito said I should get out of the car and we should go look at it. So I did. He and I walked in the store, and sure enough, the jacket was discounted 35%. He said I should put it on. So I did. And then he said OK we should buy it. SO WE DID!!

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE my jacket, I think I love it even more because Marito was so excited for me to get it as an early Valentine's Day present. YIPPEE!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home