Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Things That Make You Go "HMMMMMMM..."

I went for a nice little run on Sunday morning. About 10 minutes into my jaunt around the neighborhoods, I looked up to see a black cat up the road about 50 yards in front of me. I thought to myself "Now, that's got to be the hundredth black cat I've seen cross my path in my lifetime - they say it's bad luck but I have never experienced it!"

The MOMENT I finished that thought, my right foot went down on the pavement and I tripped, rolling my ankle over and twisting it! I was more in shock that it had happened as I was thinking about bad luck from black cats than I was from the pain, but it was a surprise either way. I was able to walk it off and finish the run, and after icing my ankle and resting for a day I think I'll be just fine.... but can you believe this happened the way it did? I mean, I'm not entirely superstitious, but sometimes you just have to wonder!

1 Comments:

Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Cue the Twilight Zone music.
I don't consider myself to be superstitious either, but I think about it everytime I see a cat or a ladder. And then I think, hmmm, what if it is true?

Glad that your ankle wasn't hurt too bad!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home