Monday, October 10, 2005

TechnoloTeens

I went with Ginger to see a show at a smaller ATL venue over the weekend. We had a good 10 years on the general population of this crowd, and we were wearing at least 4x as much clothing. Ginger and I were feeling extremely old, until we spotted a 40+ year old woman right in front of us. This made us feel better for the five seconds before I realized that she was only at the show because her daughters weren't old enough to drive themselves. Hmmmmmm...

Anyhow, good music knows no age and this concert was great. I'd never heard of the guy (Matt Nathanson) before Ginger handed me his CD last week, but he's pretty good! What was really great about the show, though, was that because all these young whippersnappers are so health conscious, no one was smoking! (Or maybe they were with Mom or Dad and couldn't smoke in front of them. I'd like to think the former.)

Of course, if the crowd is full of non-smokers, no one has any lighters to hold up... So instead, everyone opens up their cell phones and lets the screen be their flicker of encouragement to the band. Ahhhh, technology.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home