Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Starting at the Twelves

A lot of you know I lost about 30 pounds on Weight Watchers over the last 2 years. I lost most of it over a year ago, and I've been on a rather irritating plateau for a long time. There is still a good 15-20 pounds of body fat which has decided it really, really likes me and just does not want to leave. But I've HAD IT, the fat has stayed too long at the party here in LizLand, and if I want it to leave, I'm gonna have to get aggressive - 'throw oars' as one of my favorite rowing friends puts it.

I have decided that since The Dog People are having such great success with Body for Life, I'm going to try the program too. [By the way, The Dog People just recently got engaged while in London, I'm so excited for them!] The goal for my first BFL challenge (which lasts 12 weeks, I'm on week 3) is for my size TEN Nordstrom jeans to be loose. I'm starting off wearing TWELVES... these are my fat jeans. Now I realize that I have just broadcast to all my friends (real and imaginary internet) that I wear Size 12 jeans. I'm not OK with this.

So, Friend Reading This, if you are out with me, and I reach for some type of food that will keep me wearing size 12s, will you please ask me what size jeans I'm wearing? I promise I won't take offense to your question. I will be thankful for the subtle little reminder of what my goals are. The exception to this is Sundays. Sunday is my free day and I can eat whatever (within reason) so please don't mention my jeans on Sundays and we'll all live peaceably. Same goes for birthdays, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

This all being said, I promise not to use this blog as a running commentary of my BFL efforts. I just wanted you all to know I'm trying something new. If you want to know more about BFL, check out http://www.bodyforlife.com. And if you are truly interested, you all know that I keep some kind of journal on everything I do, so I will share my BFL journal with you if you ask.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you too Liz! But I'll see you and your 10/12 jeans soon! And don't think I'm not taking you up on this. Of course, my eating habits aren't exactly stellar, so I might have to fix a few things before I throw stones ;)

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toars? That isn't in reference to the fit I threw at PC once... is it? I'm thinking it's got to be someone else. Is it? Someone else?

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toars = Throwing Oars. I'm also guilty of bad typing.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home