Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Always the Bridesmaid

Another Saturday in June, another pretty bride, another lucky groom, and me in another blue dress. I was a bridesmaid for the fourth time this weekend up in Massachusetts. It was one of the MOST enjoyable wedding experiences I’ve ever had, and the bride (and her family) were an absolute dream.

After last year’s incident as the maid of honor to Bridezilla, I vowed never to be in another wedding if I had ANY apprehension over how the bride might behave. When my friend Coolia asked me to be in her wedding, I was pretty confident things would be calm, and I really liked both she and her fiance, The Fourth. I had no problem saying yes to the request. Coolia turned out to be an even more wonderful bride than I expected. The wedding went very smoothly, we all had a maximum amount of fun with a minimal amount of stress. And it was just nice to be involved in the marriage of two such well-suited, happy people.

At this point in my life, I do prefer being 'always the bridesmaid.' But there was something about this wedding in particular which made me realize that someday, I'll really enjoy being the bride. Coolia and The Fourth give me hope that someone who complements me is out there. After witnessing this marriage, I have more faith that someone who I love to be with, who I love to talk with, who likes to play outside with me, who likes to see me happy, who likes to dance with me and share other fun things with in life is out there. I have more faith that there is someone who will stand by me through all the crap and the rough stuff, too, and who I’ll want to support and help out when things aren’t going so well.

Coolia and The Fourth aren’t perfect, but they both know this about each other, and they accept it and they love each other no matter what. They are both very lucky people. I’m so glad I was able to be a part of that union last weekend, and I hope I get to be in their shoes one day. I'm now thinking I'll be very excited about being Someday The Bride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home