Friday, June 10, 2005

Enjoy the Love

Why is it that we are always questioning why someone would *actually* like us that much? I mean, let's think about it. We know we're cool. We think we're cute, smart, funny, athletic, well-groomed, well-mannered, well-whatever. Why does it freak us out so much when someone else thinks that we're all that, too?

I won't lie, I think I'm Pretty Darned Cool. I love my life, I have a great family, good friends, a fun job that pays well, and I'm even an award winning triathlete (ha ha ha - I had to say it). But even though I know I've got all this going for me, I still have a hard time believing I'm as cool as Mr. Colorado or Searcher or Mr. Bartender or Car Guy or The Mack - or WHOEVER - thinks I am! I mean, I'm cool, yes, but how can they think I'm *that* cool?

The better question is, why can't we just let them be the judge of how cool we are? And then if they think we're so great, why can't we just leave it alone and agree that 'yes, I am that wonderful, so go ahead and enjoy me!' I think it's so tough to let people enjoy how cool they think we are because we know we aren't perfect. But generally, neither is the other person, and we still think they're cool, too. So what's the harm in some mutual admiration? I know I'm lovable, as is every human. We've got to stop sabotaging other people's efforts to love us and just let them go ahead and do so. It's the only way to enjoy the love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home