Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Miss Corporate America

How exactly did I end up with a Blackberry on my hip, a calendar full of so many meetings and things to do that I may not have time for lunch at all this week, and a corporate credit card in my wallet? I mean, just last month I was shuffling into Cad Monkey Land at 10AM (and that's if I was feeling particularly sprightly) wearing jeans and a tshirt. Now I'm in suits and buttoned down shirts, and a 9AM arrival on this floor could be 'cause for concern.'

I have officially entered Corporate America. And not only am I working for The Man, I'm in the Corporate Finance department. I have truly moved to the dark side. My theory is, if you're gonna do it, go all out - so of course I'm not going to take on Corporate America as a Cad Monkey. Though I will be a PowerPoint Monkey for awhile. At least I can see the path to becoming the CEO. Which, ladies and gentlemen, will happen one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home