Thursday, June 30, 2005

When to Say When

Today's the day. I'm telling The Bartender I don't want to date him anymore. He's a good guy and I'm sure he will make some girl very happy, but That Girl is not me. I've never been in this position, really. I mean, I did end it with Car Guy, but after all that stuff about me not being hot enough, it was very easy to say "I don't want to date you anymore." With The Bartender, it's more like "you really just don't do it for me," and no one wants to hear that. (I promise I'll be nicer about it when I actually tell him.) But he doesn't do it for me, he's not what I want.

It's hard to tell anyone things you know they are not going to enjoy hearing. It's a little easier to do with friends and family than it is with a significant other. Family is bound by blood to you, so no matter what you say or do, they're going to have to deal with it and move on and you will all still be related and interconnected. Friends are a bit tougher, they don't like to hear that you aren't tops with them for whatever reason, but at least you can either fix it and still be friends, or go your separate ways without too much emotional scarring. Romantic relationships are something altogether different. Someone is getting their heart broken. And I really, really don't want to be the one to do the breaking.

But like it or not, I've gotta do it. It's time to say "when."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home