Monday, January 08, 2024

Happy 2024

Man plans, God laughs. The past six months looked a whole lot different than what I envisioned. I'm no closer to being a published writer because, well, I've written zilch. But apparently, that wasn't the way the universe wanted me to go (yet). The last half of 2024 was, overall, a deep dark valley for me. And I walked through it in a torrential downpour. But. I walked through it. And like the good Dolly says, eventually, every storm runs out of rain. Here after the first week of 2024, the clouds are breaking. There are still some spotty showers, but I'm seeing more sun. Huzzah. 

And to be fair to the universe, it's been pretty good about pointing me in the direction I should be going (coaching), so I'm leaning into that. I'm looking forward to 2024. We'll see how it all unfolds, but today, I'm thankful I can still walk toward doing things I LOVE. 

What Happened in 2023:

  • Rang in the new year with my family in FL.
  • Did my first half IM in Salem, OR, and had a GREAT TIME!
  • Drove the US back and forth throughout the year, for fun and not. Denver > Philadelphia > Denver > Oregon Coast > Denver. (Mr. Blueberry Pancakes made the westbound portion of the trip, only)
  • Lost my Grandma, Marco Sunshine Doggy Love, and our cousin Jeannie. Death sucks for the living.
  • Continued coaching for WeightWatchers; continued loving what I do, there.
  • Caught up with family and friends we haven't seen in a long time.
  • Spent quality time with family in Florida.
  • Said goodbye to my grandparents' house for the last time.
  • Went TENT CAMPING with Patrick and the dogs for the first time in 12 years!
  • Had a glorious birthday with Mr. BP and the dogs (right before we lost Marco)
  • Hosted a wonderful Thanksgiving with dear friends - Solo Polo's first Turkey Trot!
  • Joined a choir.
  • Recognized as RMTC's Most Improved Athlete for 2023. Fun note, I was GT Crew Varsity Women's Most Improved in 1998, so apparently this happens every 25 years!
  • Made a difference in the life of a child. I love mentoring for DPS high school students. 
  • Became an aunt to a new soul - my sister and her wife welcomed their baby boy just before Christmas, what a gift. 

What's Going On in 2024:

  • Rang in the new year with great friends here in CO.
  • Signed up for the next half IM in Wisconsin this September, WITH MR. BP! I'm excited we'll BOTH be racing!
  • Signed up to get my ACE Health Coach certification, with full backing and encouragement from my manager at WeightWatchers (and so many others!)
  • Me and Mr. Blueberry Pancakes are on the Officers Board for Rocky Mountain Triathlon Club.
  • Looking forward to more ups than downs, this year.
My life looks completely different than it did just two years ago. I like the direction it's headed. I hope you are starting off what will be one of the best years of your life. Or, at least, one of the best days of your life, if the year is too much to think about. Go be great!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home