Sunday, November 29, 2020

Thanksgiving Turkeys

These two. In cones. He got a skin bump removed, she got spayed. They're totally fine and the cones likely helped them from helping themselves to everything in the kitchen on Thursday.

Thanksgiving 2020 was weird for everyone, but maybe one of my favorite days ever. My sister was supposed to be out of town, but due to Covid that trip got cancelled, so she and her fiancée spent the afternoon and evening with us. It was magnificent, just to hang out while DH tended to his bacon-weave wrapped pork tenderloin on my dad's ancient smoker. Of course dinner and dessert were fantastic, but mostly because of the people and doggies I was with.

What a weird year. Who knew that a trip for my mom's 70th birthday would be the start of a crazy pandemic. I haven't been in the office to work but for one or two days since then, and there is no end to that in sight (I am certainly not complaining about that, I'm really grateful for it.) I did almost all my Christmas shopping online. My Christmas tree is already up, and I'm almost ready to write out Christmas cards. 

And then we got results of Polo's biopsy. She likely has a portosystemic shunt (no blood to the liver, it goes around in the shunt). She definitely shows signs of hepatic encephalopathy, a side effect, so this is probably correct. And so we wait to talk to the vet about it tomorrow. Even though she is difficult, she is wonderful and while I'm worried about her, I'm happy she's here, expensive Little Miss that she is!

I have a zillion things to be grateful for. But the souls I get to spend my time with are at the top of my list. My wonderful devoted husband is the best blessing I have ever gotten and I'm so happy he is in my life. I'm so glad my sister lives nearby and that we really love spending time together. I am grateful my mom and grandma are in great health, and that my brother and his family are also well, and that I can spend time having good conversations with all of them. What a marvelous gift for each of us. Thanks be to God and the universe for all my Thanksgiving Turkeys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home