Sunday, March 08, 2020

2020 Vision

I went to the Oprah 2020 Vision tour yesterday with a very dear friend of mine. The two themes were how to define and create wellness for you in your own life, and how to set a course so you can manifest your dreams. Both things start with intent. Those who know me know my mantra is "The universe is unfolding exactly as it should." There are no accidents. No chance encounters. No wasted time. We are the architects of our own lives and we can draw plans and make choices to build the life we want, but there is gonna be a wrecking ball here and there or a storm or something to redirect the original intent. And we adapt and move on, one way or another. Life goes on.

We took an assessment to determine which areas of our life may be lacking balance or focus as far as wellness goes. My result was emotional wellness. I think - honestly - that it has taken me a full year to recover from the emotional damage was done in my last job. But I am definitely a stronger and better person, employee, coworker and leader because of that experience. I certainly did not lose the lesson. I think the best way to continue my emotional evolution is to create boundaries for myself around my current job, do a sun salutation each morning, and write down my three gratitudes every night. I have also been using my commute as quiet time to set my daily intentions for what I want to accomplish as I head in, and to reflect on what went well (for progress) or how to overcome the challenges as I go home. I know I am not moving enough overall, lately - though I think at this point in my life with a major career change, the exercise piece is the one that can be out of balance. I am maintaining my weight, I am not stress eating or drinking, and I can still ski down pretty much anything I want, so for now that is enough.

As far as what my intent is, they asked to come up with a word. My word is probably "Flow" or "Ride" - just go with it. I know I am headed toward my ultimate goal - a great mountain place that everyone can come hang out in. That is coming. We are on our way there. Work is tough, but it is also carrying us swiftly downstream toward that goal. And as Oprah says, "Do what you have to do so you can do what you WANT to do." That's where I am, that's where we are, we're in the flow. I'm just going to ride the wave, or the current and enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home