Monday, January 01, 2018

2017 to 2018

Happy New Year...

The Less-than-Stellar parts of 2017:
  • Having to deal with Boss of the Year
  • An abrupt change in role at the company I work for
  • Gearbox project at work
  • Sister moving to CO (don't worry, this one worked out but when it happened I was anxious)
  • Realizing my best friend wasn't all that into me or my life anymore, and having to grieve that loss
  • My aunt got super sick at the beginning of the year
  • House in complete disarray after renovation
  • Mom's sudden power of attorney responsibilities (for a family friend) causing her a lot of stress 
    • This led to her not being in Vermont, which led to us not going to Vermont, and I really miss Vermont
  • Events surrounding Sister's wedding led to significant stress for me and Mr. Blueberry Pancakes, including grandma calling me a PIA (oh, the Italian SHAME!!!)
  • Crazy swollen feet after long flight - proof I'm getting old even though I can ride my bike over 65 miles of hills in the desert in one day
    • Incidentally this prompted a really funny Christmas present from a friend and became one of my better memories of the year
  • The appearance of a medical thing which is probably nothing but requires monitoring on 6-month intervals for the next 2 years, at a minimum
  • Having to fire the trainer I worked with for over a year because his life is derailing
  • I missed my dad a lot this year
  • It feels like my country is becoming full of self-centered narcissists, more shootings, more anger and a tense political situation
  • Not enough writing
Awesome parts of 2017:
  • Uruguay trip for DH's cousin's wedding, getting closer to that side of the family
  • Mom came to visit for Mother's Day
  • Sunshine Doggy Love was healthy and happy all year
  • I can run up to 10K once a week with no knee pain - I HAVE SO MISSED THIS!!!!
  • Sister moved to CO
  • Atlanta Memorial Day trip and seeing old friends
  • Bike MS Ride, did both days (DH did it too!!) and cemented a great friendship
  • The best burger I ever had over 4th of July at the K&K house
  • Totality in Tryon - including the near-divorce conversation surrounding our last minute decision to go for the full experience of a total solar eclipse
  • Sister wedding in Denver and everyone at our house for it
  • Munich for Oktoberfest
    • Norwegians and Swedes and Old Friends, OH MY!
    • Rocking the dirndl!
    • Biked all over town
    • 10-K running tour of Munich with friends (I will post the link to that - Christian was an awesome guide!)
    • Salted chicken, currywurst, smoked fish on a stick, sugar nuts, the best pretzels, the best every food we've ever had
    • Gemütlichkeit!
    • Planning to return
  • The Gourmet Classic Ride in Santa Fe
    • Hanging out more with T-Rita all year was a highlight, including all of them coming up to our house for Thanksgiving
      • Lounge wear is a THING and everyone should have some!
  • Super warm Thanksgiving in Denver with horseshoes at Sister's New House
  • Everyone in our immediate family was happy and healthy overall this year
  • D&B came to visit us! I feel so special that they chose to spend their time with me and Mr. BP
  • Started volunteering at the Denver Rescue Mission
  • Rekindling friendships with the Carbondale Crew - some of my favorite people on earth
    • Speaking of, two of them gave me a bottle of Hendrick's Gin as a surprise Christmas gift/thank you, and I can't believe they remembered I love that stuff... 
  • Spending Christmas with my brother, his wife and Favorite Nephew at their new house in FL
  • Spending time with all Mr. Blueberry Pancake's family in beautiful Bonita Springs
  • Finally getting on the back of some kind of motorcycle, even though it was only for 10 minutes and we didn't go over 20 miles an hour and I nearly suffocated him with my death grip around his rib cage for the first 30 seconds
  • My work project the last 6 months with El Sabor was a really fun one
    • El Sabor talked me off the ledge more times than I can count and really helped me see ways I could work with Boss of The Year - and I hold him fully responsible for the ridiculous amount of money I will spend on a good watch for myself
Looking forward to 2018:
  • I want to keep up the fun physical activities (and do even more!!) 
  • Organize some of my writing into an actual project (themed around bikes, probably)
  • Organize 2016 and 2017 photos
  • Also want to keep work going well, I'm pretty excited about my upcoming project
  • We have no travel plans, but...
    • will ski Aspen when we can
    • will bike when it gets warm, possible bike adventure somewhere?
    • We do want to go to VT
    • See a good fast car race
    • Spend more time building relationships with the people we love... which actually starts today as we head to the German New Year's Day Party at my aunt's house. (By the way, she is no longer sick, and doing very well which is another of 2017's blessings.)
Happy New Year, everyone, may 2018 be THE BEST year you have ever had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home