Monday, January 26, 2009

context

So Tricky and I have been together for almost 6 months - yes, really! Well, Valentine's Day is coming up and we want to do something cool, but not cheesy. We decided we would take a trip down to Monarch to ski for the weekend. What better way to celebrate love than doing what you love with the one you love, right? Love all around!

I started looking for places for us to stay while we were there. Then Tricky sends an IM that says "new plans for Valentine's Day: http://www.skiloveland.com/events/wedding.aspx"

So I click the link and see this:



And I think, surely he can't be serious. We haven't even talked about this. And I'm trying to figure out a way to tell him my grandma can't ski... holy crap, what is he talking about - and where did he go?!? He's not online anymore! You can't just send an IM like this and disappear!

So twenty minutes later he comes back and tells me that our FRIENDS are doing this so we will go be part of the audience. AHA... *now* I see! I told him I'd spent the last 20 minutes trying to figure out how to tell him my grandma can't ski and that I wasn't sure I wanted to do this just yet... he finds this funny and says "it would be a good way for us to get a free lift ticket!"

It is funny... but don't worry we aren't getting married that quickly. We will spring for the lift tickets in this case. Just goes to show, a little context goes a loooooong way! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home