Sunday, July 27, 2008

add this to the list of things I never thought I'd do...

I woke up at 6AM to meet my friends at 6:45 so we could go drive into the mountains by 7:30 to ride bikes up a mountain pass. And by ride bikes I mean RIDE OUR BICYCLES. UP. A MOUNTAIN.

It took us two hours to get up about thirteen and a half miles. We started at 7850 feet, climbed to 11024. Yeah, that's 3675 feet higher than when we started. Holy schnikees! I was pretty happy with my average speed of 6.7MPH - not bad for my first try!

So yeah, two hours to get up and a whole twenty-four minutes to get DOWN. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! It was actually a lot more fun than I had thought it would be and I am so glad I did it!

I love living in Colorado. It's the best place on earth.

---

See what we rode here on MapMyRide.com. I love this website!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

Hey Liz,
Doug emailed me and mentioned your blog. I'm the guy with blonde hair (RMT group) that you helped break into my car last week. I have a serious problem with my apt lease and may need a room to rent for 1 month .Feel free to call me @ 720-300-3572.Thanks, Patrick

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home