Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Eureka!

I can't believe I like triathlons as much as I do! So I've been thinking I should try a half Ironman - not this year, but next. For those of you who are not tri geeks (which is pretty much everyone I know with the exception of my boss’s nephew) a half Ironman is a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13.1 mile run, in that order. Half Ironmans are also called 70.3’s because the distance you cover is… ta-dah… 70.3 miles. (Clever, eh?)

Anyhow I needed to find one toward the end of summer, since I can't give up SKI SEASON to train for the damn thing. Well, lo and behold, there is one that looks awesome (!!!) and is only about 45 mins from The Establishment North!!!! YEAH! Check it out: www.vermontsun.com/halfvermontjourney

If I had any spare vacation I would do the aqua-bike for this race this year. (Aqua-bike is just the swim and the bike parts.) But I have no more days off, so next year it is. I want to do the whole thing anyhow so it's better that I have all the extra time to train up for the running part!

So the question is… who wants to go to Vermont at the end of next summer?

---

Oh and since we are on the subject of triathlon, here's a pic of Slug and I after the Dunedin Sprint race last month:


2 Comments:

Blogger LRSS said...

You should definitely do a half! I did one last summer and I will do it again (one day).

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look HOT Liz!! Look at them legs! :) Miss ya!

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home