Thursday, May 08, 2008

Ride for the Roses, October 25-26, Austin TX

I signed up for the Livestrong ride once again. It was an all over AWESOME experience last year and can't wait to do it again this year.

Livestrong's definition of their mission: Funds raised through the LIVESTRONG Challenge directly benefit the Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF). Founded in 1997 by cancer survivor and champion cyclist Lance Armstrong, the LAF unite people through programs and experiences to empower cancer survivors to live life on their own terms and to raise awareness and funds for the fight against cancer.

My definition of why I like LAF: the foundation really helps the people living with cancer, they see a lot of direct benefit and support. The foundation uses their funds to lobby for legislation that provides assistance to Average Janes like you and I to mandate that cancer screenings be routine procedures and have them covered by health care providers. So they really are DOING something to help out the general public and they are truly FIGHTING cancer.

For more info on why I am doing the ride, and TO MAKE A DONATION please visit the LizItUp for Livestrong Fundraising Page. And come on over to the party May 31 - email me for info if you haven't received it already!

1 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

Hey Liz! Found your blog via Facebook. I'm hooked on this darn blogging business. So so so cool that you're doing this ride! I don't have to tell you how amazing Austin is, and the race is for such an incredible cause. I will make a donation once I get stimulated...with my tax refund check, that is! BT@, read some of your other posts and I'm just laughing my ass off. We didn't have enough time to hang in Atl together!

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home