Sunday, September 09, 2007

Toys and Trails

Imagine my delight Friday when I bought a Polar F11 Heart Rate Monitor - technology and fitness, could there BE any better mix for me? I was very excited to try it out along with my new trail running shoes this morning...

Which brings me to the whole reason I live in Colorado. I may think I am here for other things but when I'm outside in this beautiful state I have NO DOUBT that the reason I am here is for the connection I feel with the land and with God when I'm outside playing around in that land.

Noodles took me running this morning on some trails up in Lakewood. Actually, HE ran while I walked most of the way up... though I did definitely run past the 3 big elk on the trail! We went all the way up these switchbacks on the foothills, it's not a wooded trail so the views were open to the valleys or the city. Then we ran back down together, it was so much fun!

It was a beautiful experience and by far the best Sunday morning I have spent here in Denver. Especially more enjoyable knowing I spent the time with a heart rate of 155. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

I'm jealous of the beautiful outdoors that surrounds you when you go for a walk, jog and/or bike ride! It sounds wonderful. Um, the new heart rate monitor is AWESOME. Love it! Hope you are well. Miss you.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home