Saturday, June 09, 2007

there she goes again

So... I accepted New Job in Denver and will be moving there at the end of the month. (My apologies to those of you who are finding out RIGHT NOW as you read this.)

I have the same nervous, scared, sad feelings I had when I did this the first time. I'm worried about moving in to a house with complete strangers (though they seem super nice, and hell, I've moved in to random houses before and come out with friends for life). I'm scared that this job is more than I am capable of... but then, every job I've taken recently (at least my last 3) has been a huge challenge and I did just fine. I'm sad to leave my friends. Most have been nothing but supportive, and even though some folks have been angry at me, I know it's out of concern. I will miss my friends; there is no getting away from that.

I know some people think I'm nuts for doing this (and I kinda agree with them). Let's face it, my life is upside down. Company got bought, dad died, sister moved to Houston, new job, moving to a new town... it seems I do best when I am out of my element. My comfort zone seems to be me leaping from my comfort zone - ha. Well, I always land on my feet and I don't expect this time to be any different.

And let's not even start on Mr. Colorado: I know I know... "what the heck is she thinking even talking to him?" Well, she's thinking there is no way she will ever know whether or not it's for real unless she sees for herself. Kinda like Car Guy. But unlike Car Guy, I am going into this with a lot of faith and hope in what might be. And if I come out disappointed, so be it. We all know I recover quickly. But perhaps it will be the best thing to ever happen to us. Optimism!

Who knows what will happen, the universe is still unfolding exactly as it should. I thank God for the friends and family members who have shown me nothing but support even though they may be bummed I'm leaving. (And trust me, I'm bummed too!) But seriously, from picking me up off the kitchen floor to helping me pack to reminding me why I'm doing the right thing to crying with me on the couch to meeting me in obscure cities for dinner for just being there for me these past couple months as my whole life turned over - I love you and I want to thank you for being my friend.

In the middle of all this uncertainty, I do know this: I believe my Aunt JB when she said "Your ancestors are whispering in your ear, 'Come to Colorado, it's where you belong!'" I love it there. I'm moving in to house full of good people who enjoy the same things I enjoy, and I'll be walking distance from the nicest mall in the area. I'm making riding buddies online already, I'm going to be working with my Career Idol and a team of people who seem like older, wiser versions of myself (and I like myself, so this is good!!) Mr. Colorado is excited I'm coming, and I'm excited that we'll be in the same town, too. OH and I will be there in time to do the Moonlight Classic Ride AND to get killer deals on new skis, boots and bindings before the first snow falls. And even if I'm not living in the same town, I know that you take your good friends with you wherever you go.

Those snow-capped Rocky Mountains look even prettier through my rose colored glasses this second time around. I am truly blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home