Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Judge Not...

...lest ye be judged. We can all have our own opinions but at the end of the day, GOD is the judge. And it is my belief that he has never and will never encourage hate or discrimination against any of his children.

This is a response to something a friend wrote about how accepting gays is just one step closer to accepting pedophiles and bestiality. I had to write a response, and since I have no other blog entries I figured I'd make it one.

----

My sister is a lesbian. I have never doubted she was for one minute while we were growing up (she is one year younger than I). She didn't actually tell me she was a lesbian until she was 22 because she was afraid that I - her best friend, her sister - wouldn't speak to her after I knew the truth.

I don't believe this is a choice people make - why would someone choose a life of ridicule and discrimination? I do believe that people might choose to live a lie and play the Straight Game - they get married, have kids even, but guess what is going on on the side of the marriage? They cheat, with the same sex they are attracted to. Think about it though - if you were born a white girl, would you want to walk around pretending you were black? No, you are what you are.

Obviously there is a mental problem with people who are pedophiles and people who practice beastiality. Basically, those 2 groups are taking advantage of a creature (a child or animal) who has no ability to stop thier aggressor - either because they are too physically small or not mentally developed themselves, as children and animals are.

I don't know what it is like to be homosexual - I'm straight, I am a girl who likes boys. But I do know what it's like to watch my sister have to attend family functions without Hottie while my brother and I get to bring along our significant others (though I never have one, in theory, I could bring him no questions asked). I have watched my gay friends as they stand on the sidelines at weddings while everyone else gets to dance with the one they love, out of respect for people like my dad and the others who would be mortified at seeing same-sex couples do a simple thing like dance to Frank Sinatra. They are normal adults just like you and I and they just want to dance and play golf with the people they love. A homosexual relationship is a bond between two consenting adults. No one is forced, no one is forming the bond against their will.

I would consider myself to be truly blessed and lucky to ever be in the type of loving, fantastic relationships that my gay friends and family members share with their significant others.

No kudos for this one, sorry dude. But we can just agree to disagree - I'm not looking for a fight or anything, I just wanted to tell the other side of the story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home