Thursday, October 29, 2009

ballet class

So those who know me know I've been moderately unhappy in certain areas of my life, lately. Overall life is good, Mr. BP is the best boyfriend ever (he still seems to be convinced I'm a princess!) and it's snowing in Colorado. Life is OK.

But some aspects of my life these days have really been dragging me down. Well, The Rockette has been feeling the same way lately. Her cure? She started taking drum lessons as a result of an impulse purchase of an entire drum kit from Best Buy. (Yes, Best Buy sells music instruments, too - complete with a 5 lesson package, who can resist?) But what a great idea! Rockette loves music, has always wanted to play them and for venting frustration you really can't beat whaling on a set of drums.

And so starts the thinking... what could I fill up some spare time with? Well I used to like ballet as a kid... and oh, look, ballet slippers are only $13 online! Let me order some! Oh and classes are less than $10/hour... I think I'll sign up! This is gonna be great! And not to mention I can definitely use a little grace in my life, both physically and mentally.

I went to my first class on Tuesday night and it was FAN. TAS. TIC. It is an "Absolute Beginner" ballet class for adults. I've had ballet, but not since I was 12 and I was no great shakes at it then. In any case, Tuesday night's class was 2 hours of outstanding instruction from a bubbly little ballerina who thoroughly explained everything and was exceedingly patient as I struggled to remember first vs. third arm positions. I had a great time and I can't wait to go back.

And I'm sorry to disappoint Miss Grits, but there will be no you-tubing my ballerina efforts, EVER. Next week when the teacher asks me to attempt some kind of pirouette I am certain I will live up to my sign languauge name of "Liz Falls" and end up flat on my face, or derriere, or whatever. [Actually you should SEE the size of the bruise currently on my right leg, and that's just from running into something while walking around!!] But I'll try to be graceful when the falls happen. Kinda like life in general. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home